- Powered by ProOne’s XPL+®Lubrication Technology Most Cost Effective Lubricant for Horizontals
- Coats Open Hole with a Thin, Tough Wallcake to Prevent Seepage and Circulation Loss
Dark Brown to Black Liquid. Highly Dispersible in Either Water Based Muds or Oil Based Muds
- Exceptional lubricity for reduction of torque, drag, differential sticking, bit balling & bit wear
- Enhances shale inhibition and stabilization
- Superior high temperature fluid loss control
- Builds a thin, tough and slick filter cake
- Improves cleaning of drill cuttings
- Reduces corrosion on drill strings
- Extends bit life and decreases mud pump downtime
- And it’s environmentally friendly!
Use conventional mud hopper system, and/or “bleed” into circulating mud system while drilling. Also can mix “slugs” in 25-barrel premix tank and blend slowly into circulating mud system. Recommended concentrations of 1% to 2% by volume of mud system are suggested. In oil mud systems, the amounts of the two primary emulsifiers can often be reduced by 10-25%, thus lowering cost of the oil mud. It is recommended the drilling fluid specialist conduct tests to support these reductions.
Loss of the lubricant due to coating of drill- cuttings, loss on walls of the wellbore, and losses due to dilution-disposal of mud volumes, require attention be given to daily additions of BLACK DIAMOND. Consider adding 1 to 2 drums slowly over 12-hour periods and adjust with experience.